Seafish Stability Awareness
The Seafish Stability Awareness course aims to increase the awareness of vessel stability and improve vessel safety standards in the Fishing industry.
Pre- Course Requirements
Candidates must be currently working as a commercial fisherman and be able to prove 18 months sea time.
• Why vessels float
• Understand the factors that affect vessel stability
• The movement of liquids (free surface effect)
• Understand how vessels behave in a seaway and how this influences stability
• Basic stability terms
• Effect of the movement of weights on stability
• Hauling gear and landing catch
• Weathertight and watertight integrity
• General stability guidance
The course consists of lectures, films and demonstrations.
Assessment and Certification
There is a short written assessment at the end of the course. Successful candidates will be awarded the Seafish Stability Awareness Certificate.
Seafish Stability Awareness Course Dates
To book onto a course click on a date, at the bottom left of the page click on 'BOOK NOW'.