Seafish Stability Awareness
The Seafish Stability Awareness course aims to increase the awareness of vessel stability and improve vessel safety standards in the Fishing industry.
Pre- Course Requirements
Candidates must be currently working as a commercial fisherman and be able to prove 18 months sea time.
• Why vessels float
• Understand the factors that affect vessel stability
• The movement of liquids (free surface effect)
• Understand how vessels behave in a seaway and how this influences stability
• Basic stability terms
• Effect of the movement of weights on stability
• Hauling gear and landing catch
• Weathertight and watertight integrity
• General stability guidance
The course consists of lectures, films and demonstrations.
Assessment and Certification
There is a short written assessment at the end of the course. Successful candidates will be awarded the Seafish Stability Awareness Certificate.
To book, select the course you want below and click 'Book Now' on the event page.